Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Have a Tigger sort of day!

My eyes are bright red and my nose has been running, I have been bawling my head off for the last hour.  I watched the 60 minutes special on Randy Pausch.  Wow what an amazing man.  This last week has been so crazy!  I had a Primary Activity I was in charge of on Saturday, a talk on Sunday and a lot of other little things that have made me super busy on top of my INR being to high, which makes me super tired!  Watching that special really put things into perspective!!!!  I have decided that's why I have had so many close calls in my life.  It forces me to forget about all the extra junk and really focus on the relationships and dreams that make this life worth living.  So I guess today I can be grateful for those moments when the difference between life and death is just a breath and I keep on breathing!  I am grateful for the way it grounds me, I am happy to have that reminder today by hearing his story and grateful for his happy optimistic outlook on the realities of life--and death.


I have thought a lot about the way I would want my kids to remember me.  Today I had one of my best days with them.  We didn't do much, nothing that would change the world--we stayed in and just enjoyed each other.  It's been a very rainy, cold and dreary week in Fairbanks, which would usually depress me however, today I did everything my kids wanted to do, I had a blast.  The girls wanted to sew on my sewing machine.  I gave them some scraps and they sewed small pillows.  They were so proud of themselves, I know you can picture my sweet girls beaming from ear to ear.  I had a bunch of rotting bananas that I was going to use to make some banana bread (my favorite recipe from my favorite Aunt Linda).  That was exactly what Michael wanted to do today, he wanted to make the banana bread all by himself without any help.  He did such a great job.  I only poured the batter into the pans and transported it to and from the oven.  It was perfect--the best I have ever tasted and he was so proud of himself!  I hope my kids remember days like today when I just did whatever they wanted to do, and we all had a great time!

Sorry no photos today only pictures of the heart!

I am curious if you had only a few months to live what message/legacy would you want to leave?

I guess I would want my kids each to be able to say, my mother loves me deeply, she liked me a ton and helped me to like myself, taught me to always listen for the spirit and be brave!

I am not super great with downloading and uploading, but if you haven't seen the last lecture it is very much worth your time!  Here is the link  www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo  or look up Randy Pausch Last Lecture

3 comments:

Tami Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tami Vincent said...

What a great post chris. Sounds like the day was great. Could michael come make some bread for me? I hope I am that kind of mom also.

Amy Peterson said...

That is so funny, Sean has been talking about this this last week! I really need to watch it! I guess my legacy I would want to leave is LOVE. I know that Love is the most important, and only thing that matters in this life. Love is what Christ taught us every day of his life. Love is want hold this amazing world together, love is the motivation behind the earth. I want to leave LOVE, not just for those I know, but for everyone. (Even the lady who gave me the "I feel so sorry for you" look.) LOVE-