Wednesday, August 20, 2008

14 YEARS BABY!

Can you believe it! It's been 14 years! Brad & I celebrated our Anniversary at Alyeska--a gorgeous ski resort in Girdwood 40 minutes southeast of Anchorage.


The, we took no one with us, so we have to take our own photo, photo. Waaaahoooo!


The Hotel Resort




The Three Sister Glaciers from the Top of the Tram


The Double Black Diamond in Summer
Alyeska has the most and steepest double black diamonds in the country.


The Chugach National Park
Alaska's Rain Forest
The Iditarod dog race runs from Girdwood up to the north slope each year,
we were able to find the trail.




Just Relaxing on the Back Porch


Black Bears that kept running out in the road while we were driving to and from the Hotel





It was such a nice weekend! We were able to relax and just enjoy being with each other with not a care in the world, it was wonderful! I must say, looking back at the photos, we look so relaxed and happy! The massage totally helps with the relaxed and happy thing!

Here's to many more years!

6 comments:

Randi said...

That looks incredible!!!
Can you believe 14 years could go by so fast?
It's crazy. I can't believe that we're coming up on 25. Because, that would make me almost OLD or something, right?

I'm SO glad you had a great, relaxing time!!

somebodysmom said...

WOW. It's certainly easy to see why people fall in love with Alaska. I don't know if you remember the wife of one of the doctors in El Passo telling you at the graduation that the first year in Alaska she hated it, but when it came time to go she was really sad. I think I could really love Alaska if every day was like August or the first week in September, however November, December, January, Feburary still happen. I guess it's the opposition in all things deal.

Christy Matthews said...

So true Mom! I will really miss the summer, and week of fall we get. Winter I will not miss! I know it's coming--it was 35 degrees this morning when we left for the bus. AAARRRGHHH! We have some leaves starting to change. I think we might have another 2 weeks or so before the snow!

Amy Peterson said...

I am so glad that you had such a great relaxing time! 35 degrees in the morning- HOLY CRAP try 96! Maybe if we averaged out our two temps- it would be PERFECT! I totally love that you see bears all the time! I think that is amazing.

Tami Vincent said...

I dont think you look old enough to be married that long. It looks so great, and beautiful. We miss you guys my girls always ask if madi with the hair is comming to play?

Hansen Family said...

Beautiful! I am glad to see you had a wonderful weekend. Congrat's on 14 yrs, that's awesome! I am really jealous of the beauty your experiencing. I guess I will just keep taking the heat. It was great visiting with you the other day!