Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Fever

I am sure you've caught it too! We've been glued to our TV, morning, noon and night. The kids have all been taking swimming lessons this summer and are so anxious to watch the Olympic races. We have a favorite swimmer in our home--It is definitely Michael Phelps.

Michael Phelps

Our Michael announced the other day that he wanted to be an olympic swimmer and last night over dinner he said he wanted to go to the olympics for weight lifting--who am I to squash that dream? (The swimming thing might be a possibility--weight lifting not so much, I think you have to have some muscle to qualify.?)

Holy Cow!

The thing I love most about the Olympics is that it is the realization of a dream. I am in awe of what the human body can do! It's amazing. Hello, the balance beam--I am happy if I can walk a straight line--and I have never even been drunk! AMAZING--the balance beam part that is!

Alicia Sacramone

GO USA!!!

3 comments:

Randi said...

I KNOW! We are completely glued. And watching sports I have never even cared about in the past.
Saturday I was seriously watching badminton!!!
I'm hooked.

Oh well, it's only a couple of weeks, right?

Amy Peterson said...

Yea!! The Direct TV guy came today, now I can caught the Olympic Fever!!

Hansen Family said...

Our family has had the same problem. Uel isn't getting much done and Lexi is staying up way too late. Thank goodness for DVR's! The Olympics are an serious addiction.